Well, to start of one has to know what 'nice means. The dictionary gives eight to nine meanings. I think the most apt one would be, 'Pleasing and agreeable in nature' or 'Exhibiting courtesy and politeness'. Anyway, my point is whether being nice actually helps! I am soo clueless with regard to this. I think I am too nice all the time. The aspect of being harsh on any person is devoid in me! No matter what, even if i was on the receiving end of the choicest abuses i just can not put up any sort of defence! Many say i am too nice, and probably, thats my greatest fault! It is a fault which is very tough to rectify!I am pretty sure many take advantage of it, knowingly or unknowingly, i do not know.But, you know the strangest thing.....I love being nice!I love helping people without expecting anything in return!Even sacrificing a bus seat after a dead tiring day seems all the worthwile if that old man gives me a smile. What do I get for that??Nothing really, but the immense joy of seeing someone happy and have a smile on his face!What with so many wordly worries, the common man seems to have forgotten to smile, and I mean smile with love and affection, not just a fake, sheepish one.I think I have rambled enough!
I just hope people learn to be nice!Sometimes its rewarding and sometimes not!But, my experiences have told me that one does get hurt in the bargain!So be prepared for that!But be nice!.....
If everyone cared and nobody cried
If everyone loved and nobody lied
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride
We’d see the day when nobody died
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
nice...yup...u definitely are too nice...in a world like ours...it's hard to be like u...but if u can do it and keep smiling...u really are very strong...cos ppl will...inevitably...take advantage of ur niceness...it's sad but it's true...
Post a Comment